Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ipsy: February 2014


Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim


Just in case you do get that date for the weekend, Ipsy curated a "Look of Love" themed bag. If not...well, at least you can take a new, pretty  profile picture...that  only gets 3 likes. 

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired from what others are bitching about on message boards.

POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini: Peony - Pop Beauty is determined to make it in the cosmetic field and as long as they never make another Pop Beauty Lip Crayon, they will. The packaging was flawless and the color is bold. Dramatic lips is my favorite cosmetic trend and oddly enough, Pop Beauty has risen to the occasion. As far as "plumping" goes..it didn't do a thing. Womp.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Heavens to murgatroyd! This lippie smells like gasoline and chemicals galore!"
  • "This would be a stunning color...for my 8th grade daughter." Shaming finger.

Zoya Nail Polish: Odette- It's no secret that Ipsy loves Zoya and I'm glad that they do. Zoya Nail Polish is incredible for the sole fact that their colors look exactly the same as they do in the bottle. Odette is a classy, muted purple that complimented every possible outfit I put on. Well played, Zoya.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "How many polishes can a girl own?" Be ashamed of yourself if you asked this.
  • "The polish was thick and did not apply well. Wahhhhh"

City Color Be Matte Blush: Melon- How pink is too pink...'City Color Be Matte' doesn't know or care. I love this blush, but for me and my lack of any pigmentation, I will have to wait for the summer to wear this. Overall, it's a gorgeous, bright pink and it makes me look like a doll.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I already have rosy cheeks...and I don't need to wear blush."
  • "Simply too many parabens in this blush for my needs...now back to my organic garden."

Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One: Amethyst- After application of this product, I felt my eyes tear up and my lids burning. Being a team player, I decided to wait it out. A mere 10 minutes later, I colored my other lid and enjoyed that burning. After the product dried and transitioned into a workable shadow, the burning eased. The color itself is lighter when dried and easily blended. This shadow lasted all day and the color was flattering...luckily for me, it burns, too.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I can barely apply regular, matte shadow. Who even knows how to do this?"
  • "Wah, I didn't receive the color that I wanted and that ruins everything."

Dr. Lin Skincare Acne Spot Corrector- Incredible. I've been a  long time fan of ProActiv+, but I think that I enjoy Dr. Lin more. The scent didn't reek of chemicals and medicine and the finish was smooth and hydrating. Dr. Lin's Acne Spot Corrector tingles upon application and you can almost feel the healing process. A+

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I only use organic products on my blemishes...and that's why I still have blemishes..."
  • "I broke out even worse from using this product. What now, Dr. Lin?"
February 2014 Bag Edition: Luckily this bag was pink to offset all of the possibly outraged women over the "Why wouldn't February's bag be Valentine's day themed" complaints. The classic pink color and festive cheetah-like design on the inside is great. The quality, is again, excellent and the design of the bag, perfect.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "Ugh, you went with the quintessential pink-theme for Singles Awareness day." 
  • "I am against all animal cruelty and even find the pink cheetah design offensive."  

Overall, this bag was stellar. Also noteworthy, Ipsy has been steadily improving their "Rewards Program" and I appreciate that. For someone who isn't very good at getting referrals- or just simply refuses to spam the Facebook page with links, I am excited about the possibility of actually receiving an award.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment