Saturday, September 14, 2013

Blush Mystery Beauty Box: September 2013 Review

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim

Blush Mystery Beauty Box came and I was so excited, but then I turned into an extreme Negative Nancy. Luckily, there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon: Fuchsia FlirtWAH! I tried to like this crayon, just like I tried to like the scent of Vanilla, and I simply cannot do it. Ipsy sent a Pop Beauty Coral Crayon my way months prior and it was just as bad. The application is weak and it does not cover at all. Out of all the lip crayons in the world, this one does not work well. I think a Crayola crayon would cover better.

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: I believe in this wild idea of actually washing my hair but, when I do use a Dry Shampoo, it just reminds me that I'm still dirty. All bitching aside, I really do like the Alterna brand and have always been impressed. This is a powdered dry shampoo which makes application a bit more of a challenge. Just go shower.

LVX Nail Laquer- Nail polishes are fun, but I find it hard to beat O.P.I. The laquer was thinner than most nail colors and it immediately stained the areas around my cuticles. After the initial application, drying time was average and the color was stellar. As for chipping, sadly 1 day is all it took. Wah, again. 

Amlactin Triple Action Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Foot Cream- Scentless foot cream. Isn't the whole appeal to a foot cream the scent? The information card said that the cream "Sloughs off dead skin cells as it soothes and smoothes severely dry and calloused feet." Hungry? For this little write-up alone, Wah, AGAIN.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel- I needed a new brow gelllllll! At first I didn't think the product was effective so I coated on several layers. Don't do this, it works fine with one application. With several coats, my eyebrow were that of a Ken Doll.

Racinne Deluxe Travel Set- I was pissed when I received this. Like legit pissed! A whole collection just for me? A whole, "You're almost 30, so I sent you this Youth Serum" gift! I NEVER in a BILLION plus 10 years would ever buy this. But then, I realized just what I was making fun of others for. Preemptive bitching over a product that "I never would have purchased for myself." So I tried it...and I now have to say that this product alone made the whole box. My skin looks and feels the best that it has in years. Unfortunately, I had to be a cry-baby wah-face beforehand.

Brad Biophotonic Skin Care Ultra Peel- Retailing at 25.00 for a quarter of an ounce and I'm afraid to try this. I'm not big into "peels" and I don't want to have the first 3 layers of my face being rinsed down the drain. Once I do give this a go, I'll update further.


Overall, this box initially ruined my day, until I stopped being a pathetic, self-entitled sap. All in all, the value was there and the products were actually quite impressive, minus the Pop Beauty Crayon.

WAH! Meter- 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment