Thursday, September 19, 2013

PopSugar Must Have: September 2013 Review

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim
 
The long awaited September Popsugar Must Have Box has arrived. "I hope it is as good as last years" sentiments can finally be laid to rest. How many times can that be stated? Don't you realize that a past box, previous memories invokes a state of nostalgia? You probably only thought the box was "eh," and may have even bitched about it, but now it has come to be the "box to beat." With that said, onto the review:

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards

Barr-Co. Original Scent Reed Diffuser- Who needs a 45$ reed diffuser scented with milk, oatmeal and vetiver? I do. It's reminds me of walking into a beautifully-clean house and immediately feeling at home. The jar is aesthetically pleasing and the scent is relaxing. Diffuser refills are available on their website with a plethora of intriguing scents. It just keeps getting better, I know.

Reasons to Bitch-
  • "I didn't know not to pour all of the oil into my diffuser and I now ruined it."
  • "This is the most expensive item in the box and I don't like that."
  • "I don't like the scent!"
  • "This doesn't match my décor."
P.S- You're Invited by Erica Domesek- I'm embarrassed to admit that I like this book. Living in Pennsylvania, means that we have Winter 9 out of the 12 months. I sometimes, think..."Jamie, why exactly are you saving that jar of random buttons?" Now, I know...I'm making Christmas gifts..."

Life with P.S.- You're Invited Craft Book.

Text from a friend: Hey, we're all going out tonight. Awesome drink specials and entertainment.
Me: Sounds great, wish I could come.
Friend: Why can't you? You have 4 cats, not 4 kids...
Me: I need to make an Aztec Print Poncho (pg. 128) from this blanket I got at Goodwill.
Friend: Wtf, Jamie...
Me: Wait! Instead of going out, why don't you all just come over. I have enough material and buttons for everyone!
(20 min. of no reply)
Me: Heey...did your phone die?

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I would MUCH rather have a novel."
  • "I don't have time to make crafts."
  • "I can't believe that I have to buy extra material just to make these items."
  • "I lost all of my friends, because I stopped going out and stayed at home to make these crafts.
Rifle Paper Co. Coaster Set- Nothing says you're living the high-life quite like paper coasters! No? You don't agree? Out of all the prints that Rifle Paper Co. has available, we were sent: Tea party with your weird Aunt, coasters. Now, I'm not 100% sure if that is the actual name of this design, but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised. So, it's not a secret; I'm not in love with these. But I like doing things out of spite, so I am going to use these coasters until they disintegrate.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "These are made out of paper. Water and paper go absolutely great together!"
  • "I just stole a stack of paper coasters from Applebee's, so I don't need these."
  • "They didn't come with a little coaster holder, so now what?"
  • "My weird aunt stole these and now she wants to have a tea party."
Kitsch Headbands- I love these! They don't squeeze your head, making you feel like you're brains are going to come out of your ears. They also don't put that, "I just wore a headband" dent in your hair after you take it out. I like how the collection was a mix of neutral and bright solid colors. Total win.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I have an unusually large head and these make me look even more like a freak."
  • "I don't like the twistband, so I don't like these!"
  • "I just have sooooo many hair ties and hair bands."
  • "Why were we sent such ordinary colors when the website has tons of cool designs?"
Shoptiques 25$ Gift Card- I wish that we were sent actual gift cards like this in every box. You basically receive your money back with these gift cards. Shoptiques is a unique store that allows you access to boutiques all around the world, like Paris. I'm not as impressed with this, because I'm like at Paris and other worldly places all the time. Oh, wait...that's not my life. Anyways, everyone usually complains about how they don't like receiving gift cards, but what they are obviously missing is that this is how you get your "customizable" box. I used my Shoptiques card to get this stylish hat.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "Everything on the site is just way too expensive for me!"
  • "I still have to pay for shipping and that isn't okay."
  • "I haven't even used the previous gift cards I received!"
  • "Out of the 20,000 items on the website, I just couldn't find anything."
That's It. Bar: Apple & Pear- I appreciate the fact that only 2 fruits make up this bar and for 100 calories, I'm not going to bitch, much. The texture was weird and it was quite seedy. It wasn't bad, but this probably will appeal more so to the Organic type of people that pack their pre-school aged children with these items.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I didn't sign up to receive cheap food items."
  • "I hate fruits and so does everybody I know."
  • "If I wanted to pretend to be organic, I'd go to Trader Joes."
Sharkies Energy Chews: Watermelon- I don't understand how these gummies are use to promote "energy." Calories convert into energy, therefore Burger King is for the athlete. But, gummies are gummies and everybody loves those!

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I don't like the flavor I received."
  • "This is basically candy and I'm way too health conscious to eat this."
  • "I feel like I don't deserve to eat this, because I didn't work out first."
The Verdict: Great box. For 35$, it was well worth it.

Join me: SIGN UP & BITCH

No comments:

Post a Comment