Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pop Sugar Must Have: October 2013 Review

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim

 
The much anticipated Popsugar Must Have has arrived and the bitch-fest is at an all time high.

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards

The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified- It's quite refreshing to find a cookbook that doesn't offer up bizarre recipes with never-before-heard-of ingredients. The recipes give the illusion of a high-end meal, but really it's all a façade. Luckily, general idiots can apply this book to their lives and give the mac & cheese a break.

Reasons to Bitch:

  • "I already know how to cook, and well at that!" (That's great! What restaurant do you own?)
  • "I'd much prefer a boring novel that only I would like."
  • "I find it completely sexist that you'd send a cook book to a group of women."
NYX Cosmetics Liquid Liner: black- For a liquid liner, this one isn't all too amazing. In order to achieve the perfect line, this requires some skill and patience. The drying time is lengthy and the brush is a bit flimsy. If you don't know how to apply liquid liner, this one isn't going to help you learn.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "NYX, you sent me NYX!"
  • "This is from a big-box store and I am highly insulted."
  • "How many more black liners am I going to be sent?"
Smokey Shadow Palette- The classic smokey eye is timeless, gorgeous and an overall challenge for most women. These color are decently pigmented and on-trend for the fall.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I don't wear eye shadow."
  • "This palette was only $7 and certainly not a must-have."
  • "I already have too much shadow and Popsugar should have consulted with me first!" 
Gorjana Charity Bali Bead Bracelet- This bracelet is teensy and cute. It would look great stacked with other bracelets for a bright, fun look. The downside is that it is extremely short in length and not very sturdy. Coincidently, my bracelet broke...but I just tied it up again...

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I would NEVER pay $45 for this bracelet" (News flash: You didn't)
  • "I don't like the color pink and can't appreciate that it's for breast cancer awareness."
  • "More Gorjana and gold...have you not been reading our relentless hate mail?"
Julep Polish Coco and Polymer Duo- Julep polish is high-quality steadily gaining popularity within the beauty community. Coco is the perfect blunt red for the fall and the Polymer top coat is an added bonus.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I just bought the Polymer and I will never again in my life need another top coat."
  • "I only get professional manicures and pedicures. Who actually paints their own nails?"
  • "I am so bad at painting my own nails!"
Jane Tran Bobby Pins- This is more of a hair "barrette" than a bobby pin. The shimmery-fall colors are great and are perfect for a refined up-do.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "Only children and dancers use bobby-pins."
  • "How are $12 bobby-pins considered a luxury item?"
  • "I never use bobby-pins and I am content with my outdated hairstyle. "
The Wet Brush- Upon receiving the Wet Brush, I checked out the reviews and embarrassingly enough, ended up watching videos on YouTube of girls brushing their hair. Along with thinking that my life was at an all-time low; I thought that these girls were insane. Who knew that brushing your hair was such a big issue? The Wet Brush is incredible, but I don't want to ruin your surprise OR prevent you from watching people brush their hair on YouTube.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I don't like pink and still haven't figured out that it's for breast cancer awareness."
  • "I'm more of a comb kind of girl"
  • "I saw this at the local store and refuse to use this, because I'm a pretentious bitch."
The Crispery: Halloween Crispycake- I just ate this whole thing, basically by myself and I now feel like I am going to die of consumption. It was good, but I'm in such a state of misery from the over-indulgence that I'm getting nauseous from thinking about it. Overall rating for the cake...B. Not B+

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "I don't believe in, or celebrate Halloween, so thanks for sending me the devil's treat."
  • "Rice Crispy treats are for poor people"
    • I completely agree with this bitch-ling that has been circulating around online. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the local store to buy rice crispy ingredients and thought, "all of these damn poor people have already bought up the ingredients, leaving nothing left for the rich people." So, I took things into my own hands and wrote the marshmallow and rice-crispy company asking them, NO...demanding them to raise their prices to prevent the "poor people," from making these delicious treats.
  • "I didn't share my rice crispy treat and now I have the worst upset stomach"
Stitch Fix $20 Gift Card (Special Extra)- I love a good gift card, but this "special extra" has started an official Popsugar war. I look forward to trying the service, but sadly it's sized-biased, preventing a lot of women service. If you're above a size 14, Stitch Fix tells you that you're out of luck and supposedly refuses you service. That's mean. Once I receive my first "fix," I'll blog it up.

Reasons to Bitch:
  • "Stitch Fix is a dick and refused me service." (Not Cool)
  • "I only shop in-store."
  • "This sounds a bit too pricey and not for the people that can only afford to make Rice Crispy treats."
Overall, this box was most likely curated for me. I appreciate the fun mix of beauty, style and food...a total gem. Next month, Popsugar raises their price by a near $5...and the bitchfest, well...we will just have the watch it all play out.

Click to Sign up and Bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment