Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blush Mystery Beauty Box: December 2013

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim
 
After last's months box of "things to not-be-thankful-for ," anything was welcomed for the month of December. Everyone has unrealistically high hopes for every month, but December is usually the "make it or break it month" for subs. Onto the review:

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards.

NYX Love In Paris Palette: I have never been impressed with any other NYX product, except for their eye shadow. The formula is exquisite and the colors are highly pigmented. I use these shadows mostly for work, because they last all day and the colors are professional. I am very pleased with this versatile and sexy palette.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "FML, another NYX product. I'm too pretentious to realize exactly how great this shadow is."
  • "Shadow doesn't last all day on my eyes; because I've never heard of shadow primer and then blame the makeup companies for not delivering."

Nailtiques Avocado Foot Cream: Another foot cream, because I ran out of the last two large tubes of cream that I was sent. Psych, I still have plenty. Even though I wasn't in need, I'm very happy with the effectiveness of the product. The scent is lackluster, but the cream is ultra-hydrating. A total win.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "This is the third foot cream in four months...and that's just not enough for me."
  • "Most nail spas have mint-infused foot cream and apparently Nailtiques didn't know of this."

Sultra Clip in Hair Color- Ultra Pink: The total star of the box for me was this strikingly-colored, human-hair extension. I wish I had this in every color, as this product was made for me. I enjoy how easy it is to clip-in, style and reuse. A+

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Made out of real human-hair? Color me offended."
  • "I live a boring, sad life. I will never have any functions that require a wild streak from me."

NEOVA Make Up Remover Face and Eyes: Scentless, non-greasy makeup remover that doesn't burn your eyes, how amazing? Make Up Remover is a staple for any beauty guru, especially if you can't nail that smolder-y cat-eye that everyone else seemingly can do.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "This isn't make-up and I'm one of those people that complain about this...every month."
  • "I still haven't even finished my first bottle, so why do I need this?"

Murad Active Radiance Serum: Murad is such a great skin-care line. I have yet to be disappointed with them. I mean, Murad keeps me beautiful. That should be their tagline, but they forgot to consult with me when launching their company.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I only use Pro-active...so suck on that Murad."
  •  "This did not make me look "radiant" as suggested. Nasty letters to follow."

REN Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream: I don't love moisturizers, but this winter is destroying my skin. I was happy to receive this and found it to be hydrating, calming and effective.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I wanted to use this as a night cream, but I'm rule follower."
  • "I have offensively oily skin, so thanks for nothing Blush Box."

Eminence Stone Crop Body Lotion: Such a small sample jar makes me a sad panda. This lotion smells and feels incredible, so yes...the tiniest of all jars will do just fine. Wah.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I'm a little bit bigger than a toddler and there isn't even enough lotion for one whole body application."
  • "This lotion has a greenish tint to it and that makes me think that it's old or possible molded."
NEOSTRATA Skin Active Exfoliating Wash: This wash is neither good nor bad. It's fine, but with all of the well known exfoliating washes already, switching up is not going to happen anytime soon.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I'm a plain-Jane kind of gal and these fancy washes can take a hike."
  • "Exfoliating washes burn my skin and I'm pretty sure that's not what it's supposed to do."

Lisa Hoffman Beauty Japanese Madagascar Orchid Moisturizing Body Cleanse: The product of the box scores a mere 4 out of 10. The scent is outstanding...for an old lady. The consistency is perfect...for a soup. The cleansing effect isn't much better than a scummer bath, anddddd the packaging was gorgeous, said the blind person. Too much?

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I'm allergic to perfumed bath products, so this was a waste."
  • "I wanted the alternative scent, but now I smell like an old gal."
Overall, this box was so much better than November's epic fail. I'm a bit miffed that their wasn't even a hint of a holiday theme, but I digress.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment