Friday, December 13, 2013

Birchbox: December 2013

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim
Hello! Birch-y-Box-y. It's that time of year again, where unrealistically high hopes come crashing down around us; commonly known as gift-giving season! Did you get what you wanted? Probably not. Onto the review:

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards.

Dr. Lipp: Original Nipple Balm for Lips- I have waited foreverrr for this product (I really have) and after a quick 12 months, I finally got it. Now, the name is a little off-putting, but it's no secret, this product really works.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "OMG, a beauty sub sending out nipple balms! I didn't sign up for a sex box!"
  • "I didn't know this was for my lips...and now I don't have any left to try it out..."

FushionBeauty LashFushion XL: Black Mascara- Another Mascara and a sad one at that. The brush is oversized and the product is too thick to coat the lashes properly. Lame.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Enough with the black mascaras! At this point, I'll take any other color, but black."
  • "I'm not sure if the mascara was dried out or just poorly made. Either way, lameeee."

Grand Central Beauty: S.M.A.R.T Skin Perfecting Polisher- Made with natural botanicals and formulated for sensitive skin...that's perfect! The gross factor is still high, because it attaches to dead skins cells and beads up onto your face. But whatever. Anything to stay ahead of the game.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "This doesn't sound like it's for sensitive skin. I'm canceling. Effective immediately."
  • "I don't like facial peels! Why can't you cater to my personal needs better?"

Toni & Guy: Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray- Beach hair! I never have it, because the sun scares me, but now I can join the cool crowd. The scent is wonderful and the effect is lasting. An overall impressive product.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Errr, I live by the beach...did you not read that in my profile?!"
  • "I already have wavy-soccer-mom-hair, so what's the point of this?"

Twistband: Hair Tie- I cannot get enough of the Twistband. The Twistband is completely revolutionary for hairstyling. It doesn't pull, stretch or snap. Finally, hair ties have been perfected.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I didn't like the original Twistband Headband...and then you send me this."
  • "I could make this! I mean, I won't...but I want to belligerently put that out there that I could."
Overall, I was pleased. None of my products were missing and that alone, is huge. Birchbox continues to be a fun surprise and the customer service is always top-notch. Birchbox, I'll be seeing you in 2014.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment