Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Blush Mystery Beauty Box- November 2013

Sweet Photo-skills of Jzim

November, the month where we all pretend that we're happy and "thankful" for all of the "blessings" in our lives. Well, this is only relevant if you're publicly bragging on Facebook to make yourself look a little less like a wanker. However, in the world of beauty subs, thankful...is a word you'll never hear. Onto the review:

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards.

Cargo High Pigment Pencil: Brown- This is the perfect pencil for achieving a professional look without looking overly made-up. Application is fairly decent, but nothing to really rave about. I'll use this pencil when I have to look alert for those horrible 6am work shifts.
 
Reasons to Bitch:

         - "This isn't a mechanical liner and I actually have to sharpen this pencil."
         - "Brown is such a boring, poop color and my peepers deserve the best."

Nick Chavez Horsetail Root Lifting Spray- Horsetail Root Extract is a large plant with hollow stems, primarily used for medicinal purposes. I was hoping that this was the case and it wasn't from an actual horse's tail. This spray smells so much like alcohol and would be the worst to use after a drinking binge. Overall, this product is alright. It kind of seems like it was a lame attempt at a lifting spray.   

Reasons to Bitch:

        - "My hair is already full, thick and gorgeous."
        - "I'm still concerned that this is from an actual horse's tail and that is not okay with me."


Pur-Lisse Pur Perfect Essential Daily Moisturizer- Oh, how I enjoy moisturizers. Psyche, no I don't. What I do find exciting about this is that it's a 30spf sunscreen as well. At least that one day of the year when I go outside, I'll be covered.

Reasons to Bitch:

        - "I already have too many tubes of this from other beauty subs."
        - "I never use sun-screen, because a tan is worth the health risk."


Anstastia Mini Hydrafull Gloss: Sorbet- How I would have loved for this to be full-sized...even trial-sized would have been nice. This gloss is half of the size of my pointer finger. No exaggeration. The color is phenomenal, but the applicator tip is a plastic paddle. I hope this isn't the new trend for lip applicators, as I am seeing it pop up everywhere. This gloss is great...just a mini-baby gloss.

Reasons to Bitch:

         - "This is such a bright neon color and I would never wear this shade for the Fall season."
         - "This is so small; it got lost in my pocket."



Smart FX Smartlash Enhancer- My lackluster, short lashes has officially given me a complex. I begged my eye doctor for lash help and he just laughed at me. I told him that I was losing friends because of my short-lashes. He did not believe me. After several weeks of usage, I'll be able to give more than a past life-memory for a review.  

Reasons to Bitch:

         - "I already have gorgeous Disney Princess lashes."
         - "What if I love this and have to repurchase it at the retail price?!"


--> While searching for Smartlash Enhancer reviews, it seems like all  of the fantastic reviews on certain websites may be part of a consumer scam. Not saying that the product is harmful, but more of a false advertisement. That's the general buzz on the inter-web, but relying on another persons opinion isn't exactly how you should live your life, but that's just my opinion.  


Paula’s Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum- Another, "You're getting old" serum. I don't have wrinkles. Perhaps it's because I'm still in my 20s or the fact that I keep using all of these bizarre serums sent my way.

Reasons to Bitch:
             
          - "How many more skin care items are there in this world?"
          - "I have super-sensitive skin, but I'll use this and complain anyways!"



Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Maximum Volume Mascara: Black- As far as mascaras go, this one is pretty average. The brush is average, the application is average and the color is...what was it? Oh, average. Mascara has come a long way, but I guess we were sent one that was created in the 80s.

Reasons to Bitch:

          - "The tube has a sticker on it saying, "Gift-not for resale," and that's tacky."
          -  "I needed another black mascara like another hole in my head."


Overall, I'm not exactly high-fiving everyone around me, but I'm not immensely disappointed either.
 
Grade C: Needs improvement.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment