Sunday, November 24, 2013

Birchbox: Novemer 2013

Sweet Photo-skills of Jzim
The good, the bad, the Birchbox: This month was all over the place for me; having received 2 incomplete boxes to make up 1 full-box of samples was kind of an experience. The picture above is that of my 2 boxes combined to fix the initial error of sending me my original box with only 2 samples. Through this bizarre month, I have been able to capture Birchbox's customer service in full.

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards.

Theme: More Good (The theme never correlates to the products received and it's more like 'what we should be focusing on for the month', itself. People like to cause a fuss about this...but uh, they need something to bitch about when waiting for their clothes to dry at the laundry mat. Zzing.

Aloxxi: Weightless Styling Gelee- High-priced hair products aren't always worth the cost, and this is one of them. This gelee has an incredible unisex scent, but it's pretty lackluster in every other area. The consistency is thin and stringy and the benefits aren't really impressive.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I don't use fancy hair products and refuse to ever even try."
  • "This costs too much for my penny-pinching ways."

Color Club: On the Rocks- This polish is the perfect holiday color for all of the upcoming parties. Color Club does a remarkable job with their formula and applicator brush. Having several Color Club polishes already, I am once again, impressed.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "We get sent Color Club polish in every other box and I'm over that."
  • "Once again, I got a sassy, fun color and I simply won't wear that to the office."

Laura Mercier: Lip Glace in Quartz- This gloss is so incredible, that I just might just need to re-evaluate everything I know about lip products. Laura Mercier Lip Glace is very similar to Bare Escentuals Marvelous Moxie gloss, minus the tingling sensation. The color, intensity, scent, texture, finish and design is amazing. Santa, be warned....I expect this in my stocking.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Quartz, who wears a brown lip gloss?"
  • "24 dollars for a lip product? What is the made out of, gold?"

Eyeko: Black Magic Mascara- Simple curved, classic black mascara. I don't think this will replace any of my lash favorites, but I'm happy to stick the adorable tube in my purse for those quick "I always look this good," moments.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Another black mascara...need I say more?"
  • "I have such sensitive little eyes and I can't use this!"

Fatty Sundays: Chocolate Covered Pretzel- I received the chocolate mint and nut pretzel and although I enjoy all of those flavors, combining them together doesn't exactly cause a party in my mouth. Once you accept the fact that you're eating something with the word "Fatty" in it, you are then saddened by the weird combination flavor.

Reasons to Bitch
  • 'Fatty Sunday' has unfortunately ruined my love with all things chocolate and pretzel.
  • "This wasn't a beauty sample and I'm one of those classless scum-bags that blast mean things to the company about a small pretzel sample."

Overall, with all the mishaps I endured this month, I'm still pleased. Birchbox has the most incredible customer service and I don't know who "Sara" is, but she is phenomenal. Mistakes happen (quite frequently with Birchbox) but they will overcome that and with the customer service they have intact, I'm inclined to work with them.

Grade: E for effort

No comments:

Post a Comment