Friday, November 15, 2013

Pop Sugar Must Have: November 2013

Sweet Photo-skills of Jzim


Pop Sugar certainly gave a lot to be thankful for, with this months box. With mostly high-marks from the critical cynics, Pop Sugar saved themselves a headache, after recently increasing their prices. Onto the review:

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards.

Michael Stars Wrap- This wrap alone makes the whole box worth it. I'm not a typical scarf kind of gal, but I can't wait to wear this as much and as often as I can. The pattern is so gorgeous and it is super soft. Long story short: I look phenomenal in this. Win. Win & win.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I'm stylistically-challenged and I don't know how to wear scarves."
  • "I don't like the pattern and now want to write Pop Sugar mean letters expressing this."

Illume Candle: Naughty- "Spicy wooded scent" makes up this naughty candle that lasts a grand total of 35 hours. I am in love with this candle and couldn't be happier with the masculine scent.  

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Candles emit such harmful toxins and smog into the environment and I'm one of those really weird people that complain about things like this."
  • "I have such a sensitive little nose and this makes me all stuffy and sad."

Lands' End Single Canvas Wine Tote- I strictly like to drink out of a paper bag, but I wouldn't mind the upgrade. I'm just joking...I still like the paper bag. This tote is so well made and can be embroidered. Perhaps you know somebody that strangely loves monograms...and drinking.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I have no idea how to or what to use this for."
  • "I'm a former alcoholic. Thanks for the reminder, Pop Sugar."

Maison De Monaco: Strawberry & Blackcurrant Cream Preserves- I have never in my life put anything better than this in my mouth. There has been some steep competition, but Masison De Monaco prevails. The scent, flavor and consistency all work in an incredibly delicious way. Yum.  

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I strictly buy preserve-free jellies and this is useless to me."
  • "This is made with alcohol and that completely compromises my morale's."

The Soap & Paper Factory: Roland Pine Shea Butter Soap- Scented bar soap is more of a novelty than anything, simply because you can't really use it anywhere other than your hands. I, however, enjoy the pine scent so perhaps I'll stop resenting hand-washing...for at least a little while.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I washed my lady parts with this soap and now I need to make a trip to my gyno."
  • "I still can't forgive the 'Paper Factory' for sending out those hideous paper coasters, (which I use each and every day since receiving them.)"

Absolute! Nail Polish Remover Pads: Peach- The good: These are the tiniest, cutest and perfectly purse-sized nail polish pads. The bad: They smell like peach-booze. They are horribly oily and they only clean about 2 nails per pad. I appreciate the concept, but there is a reason that they retail for $2 per pack. 
 
Reasons to Bitch
  • "They removed all of my polish, and then stained my fingers."
  • "The oil from the pads stained my clothes AND broke my heart."  

Canvaspop Gift Card: $30- With the exclusion of having to pay for shipping & handling, this gift card is pretty fantastic. Once I find a canvas-worthy photo, I'll gladly pay for shipping. An 8x10, unframed canvas is a flat $30. Very cool.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I refuse to pay for shipping and I'm angry that Pop Sugar put me in this situation."
  • "Photography has met the digital age and nobody prints out pictures anymore."

Barefruit Crunchy Sea Salt Caramel Apple Chips- How delicious does this sound? Not only is the packaging attractive, but these are super low in calorie. What's not to love, right? These are hideous. They do not taste like apples, or caramel, or chips, or even salt. 100% natural, 100% nasty.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I took these to work for a healthy snack alternative and I about died from the awfulness."
  • "I can buy these at the gas station and that to me...just isn't luxury."

Overall, this month was incredible. Hopefully this becomes a trend, but alas...we all know that this is never the case.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment