Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Glossybox: November 2013

Sweet Photo-skills of Jzim
Glossybox is like the "sleeper" out of all of the beauty subscriptions. There isn't really ever any buzz about it and the product spoilers never really jazz anyone. It isn't until you actually open the box and try the products, that you realize that you have dramatically upgraded your makeup collection.
 
Theme: Holiday Romance (I don't have a clue how they came up with this theme. Nothing correlates and there is no red lip, glitter, shimmer or shine, included in the box. A better theme would have been "Refined Classic, but they didn't ask me."
 
For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired and generated from what others are bitching about on message boards.
 
Emite Makeup: Micronized Eye Shadow in Dams- The queen of all black shadows has officially been discovered. I am so impressed with the texture, color and blending quality of this product. Most black shadows are overbearing and not very user-friendly. This shadow is buildable and leaves a flawless finish. A+
 
Reasons to Bitch
  • "I am way too pale to use the timeless black shadow and I'm scared of even trying it."
  • "Halloween is over...so black shadow, neat not apply."
Masty: Color Protection Color Protecting Leave-in Oil Treatment- $25 for 2oz is a bit pricey for hair oil. I'm currently obsessed with another oil, so I'm not overly excited to try this. The scent was nothing spectacular. Hair oils should be included in everyone's routine, so overall, this will be useful.
 
Reasons to Bitch
  • "Er, doesn't hair oil do the same thing as conditioner?" (Be ashamed if you thought this.)
  • "Who adds oil to their hair? I don't see the point."
Nicka K: New York Professional Eyeshadow Brush- This brush is made with 'pony hair,' and that creeps me out. As far as brushes go, this is average. There is no overwhelming technology that astounds me or improves my look. It's what it is...a brush...made with horse hair. No winners here.
 
Reasons to Bitch
  • "I never use shadow and can't possibly find another use for this brush."
  • "I don't use any animal related product, and this includes pony hair."
The Aloe Source: Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish- Neat. Another facial cleanser. The scent is plain and the cleansing effect is average. There is nothing exciting about this. Even the packaging is boring.
 
Reasons to Bitch
  • "I only use that scary high-powered skin product that increases suicide ideation."
  • "I'm a bar soap and wash cloth kind of gal. I don't need all them fancy products."
Vincent Longo: Duo Eye Pencil- Incredible, multi-look pencil in 'complimentary shades.' This pencil is perfect for creating a multitude of stunning looks. I am absolutely pleased with this product and hope to see more of Mr. V. Longo in the upcoming months.
 
Reasons to Bitch
  • "I got the super cool and trendy green combo pencil and I just want to bitch about that."
  • "I don't use a double-headed anything, and that includes eyeliner."
Overall, this box was a stalemate. I'm certainly not disappointed, but I'm not in-love either. The theme makes no sense and any kind of 'Holiday Romance,' that comes my way over the next month better not include any pony-hair. That my friend, is a deal-breaker.

Grade: B, thanks to the shadows and liner, mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment