Saturday, April 18, 2015

Ipsy: April 2015

                            


For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch."Reasons to Bitch is all inspired from what others are bitching about on message boards.

Theme: Beautifully Bohemian


JulieG Nail Color: Damsel: I don't enjoy getting nail-polish in sub-boxes, especially, when I could have gotten an Elizabeth Arden Lipstick, but after applying one-coat of this Barbie-pink, I'm glad I did. The formula is streak-free, beautifully colored and semi-chip resistant. I hate the name, it just screams...cheap, but I love the polish.

Reasons to Bitch:

  • Cue the drugstore product complaints. It isn't fun without them.
  • Q. Who actually paints their own nails? A. Poor people...with no style." 
Pandora's Makeup Box: Pink Carnation Blush: I love this blush more than my current blushes (excluding my Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush). It is a darkened pink color that almost gives the look of a sex-flushed, china-doll. It does not really blend well, and wears best without a bronzer. The sample comes adorably packaged in a magnetic tin that fits perfectly into a Z-palette.

Reasons to Bitch:

  • Where the eff is the container for this thing?
  • "I already own a blush." (Hey, want to go out for drinks tonight? No thanks, I already have a friend...)

theBalm Cosmetics: Nude Dude Eyeshadow Single: Flirty: Shimmering golden-violet shadow in an incredible package, there's nothing that I don't love about this. The shadow is well-pigmented and easily blended into the lid crease for a quick and professional daytime look. It's the perfect color to smoke-out around the lashes, popping with any eye-color.

Reasons to Bitch:

  • I'm heavily offended by theBalm's repulsive and suggestive marketing to women, with their sexy man pictures gracing the cover of my eye-shadow single. 
  • Great. Another "skin-tone" color. Where's the variety? Where's the fun? 


Mica Beauty: Eye Primer: Matte, waterproof and quick-drying, this primer is out for business. It doesn't take more than 15 seconds to dry and it creates a strong foundation for lasting eye shadow. For now, I like it better than my trusted Urban Decay primer, because of how fast it dries. 

Reasons to Bitch:

  • There was a speck of mold in my primer. Thanks for that. (We all received the email and it isn't mold...it's an air bubble. Relax...unless air bubbles actually do scare you.) 
  • The formula was just too thick for my delicate, little eyelids. I could barely open them after applying this paste. 
Mullein and Sparrow: Mini Lip and Cheek Tint: According to the Ipsy website this product is “an all-natural, sheer, tinted balm that gives your lips and cheeks a slight flush and dewy finish; it brightens the whole face with a sheer rosy flush for the cheeks, gloss the lips, and has a sweet orange scent!” Uh...what? This write-up is definitely not for this product. The color in the tin is a dark berry and when applied it is almost clear. Overall, it’s greasy, gritty on the lips and...the complete opposite of it’s description. 

Reasons to Bitch:

  • This smells "too earthy," so clearly it is poison. I'll be complaining to IpsyCare in hopes to get a free product.
  •  There is absolutely no color when this product is applied. This is clearly a glorified tin of Vaseline. 

April 2015 Bag Edition: Absolutely amazing. There was about an 8-month span where all of the bags seemed to be a cheap version of the last. No excitement, just another throw away...but then this straw, boho-chic gem comes along...it's fantastic. I would have paid 10.00 for this bag alone. 

I have been close to canceling this sub for months, because it seemed like the quality and excitement...disappeared. Hopefully, this month wasn't a fluke.

Click to Sign Up and Bitch!

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment