Saturday, April 18, 2015

Glossy Box: April 2015



For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired from what others are bitching about on message boards.

Marrakesh: Endz: Split End Mender & Preventer- It's easy to tell when a women does not use a leave-in conditioner. Today, I silently pointed out a women who could have used such a product. Frizzy, unruly, and certainly no-product, stood a woman at the jewelry counter at Walmart. Yes, buy your jewelry there...you're going places. This product smooths, conditions and tames...but I'd never buy it, because of the name...Mender & Preventer.

Reasons to Bitch:

  • "The full-size is only 1 oz, with my Rapunzel-like locks, that's hardly one application."
  • "I am a shampoo and conditioner-in-one kind of gal. This step and product is unnecessary." 

Aerin: Waterlily Sun: A deluxe sized perfume spritzer, with the most pleasant of all smells. The info card describes it as a fragrance "meant to capture the feeling of sunlight reflecting on water...." and since I purposefully make it a point to avoid all sunlight, I can't say that I disagree. This is easily a new favorite scent and if I had the $110, I'd splurge on the 1.7 oz of water-reflected sunlight in a bottle.

Reasons to Bitch:

  • "Ever hear of allergies, Glossybox! What beauty sub would everrrr send a perfume sample their subscribers?"
  • "I thought we were all getting full-sizes? Hook and Bait. Hook and Bait."

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics: Stained Gloss: Rhythm Box- Featured in less than user-friendly packaging is a rather good product. This gloss oddly enough does not come with a lip brush, forcing the user to stain their fingers when applying the product. The color is glossy enough, yet intimidating for a low-maintenance kind of gal. Luckily, I'm high maintenance. (This product was also sent out to other subscribers in what is affectionately being referred to as "traffic cone orange...I would have liked that. Sad Face.)

Reasons to Bitch: 

  • "Touch-ups at the local bump-n-grind are virtually impossible with this horrible squeeze-tip applicator."
  • "No, no, no. I'm a professional woman and not a prosti-tot. I won't be using this."

Estee Lauder: Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum: I'm not sure what a "dark-spot is or if I even have them...I do love Estee Lauder, so I'll add it to my already extensive skin-care routine. I don't expect miracles from it...because I don't actually know what I am trying to correct. I am thrilled to see Estee being featured and look for more to come in future boxes.

Reasons to Bitch:


  • "Department store make-up counters are a mere step-up above drug stores. Don't try to play me like that."
  • "I have so many 'samples' of this product from all the free GWP that I've received from Estee. Fail."

Julep: Gel Eye Glider: Navy: Incredibly long-lasting with an ultra-smooth application, this Gel Liner will be a staple in my vanity. Navy is universally flattering for all eye-colors and easily transitions from daytime to nighttime.

Reasons to Bitch

  • "If I wanted Julep products, I'd subscribe to Julep. Please don't pass off other sub products for a broader range of advertising. 
  • "I don't wear eye-liner, because I wear glasses." Guys don't make passes at girls' who wear glasses, EVER."

Thursday Friday Makeup Bag: I like the idea of this...but this is just so bad. It's so completely awful, but I like the brand. It's like the company said "What's the ugliest bag that we have...Oh, easy, this studded-lip bag. We've sold exactly zero of them...Hand them out and hopefully somebody will like it. I appreciate the bag, I really do...but why that design? How.

Overall, this month was an absolute hit. Glossybox continues to smash their competition with their thoughtfully packaged boxes and now...their stunning and highly sought after box designs.

Grade: A 

No comments:

Post a Comment