Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pop Sugar Must Have: January 2014

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim
Hello Pop Sugar, thank you for being in my life. After last January's debacle, I had zero faith in this box. Onto the review:  

"Reasons to Bitch" is all inspired by what others are bitching about on message boards. Thanks for bitching, bitches.

Rifle Paper Co. 2014 Flip Around the World Desk Calendar- As cute as this calendar is, it's not very practical. The days of the week are not listed and there isn't enough room to write in appointments. 

"Do you want to meet next Thursday?"
"Let me look at my calendar."
"...I have no idea."

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Why would we receive a calendar halfway through January? Bad planning, PopShug."
  • "I already have my daily bible verse calendar, so this is going in the trash."
Jack and Lucy Knit Tech Gloves- These are simply not awesome. The stitching, 'tech-tips,' and overall fit of the gloves is a let down. These gloves do work for the iPhone, but you have to adjust the way you type and that's a slight hassle. Ultimately, it's like Jack and Lucy, didn't really care about their product and well, it shows.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "When I thought of tech gloves, I didn't imagine knit gloves poorly made by my nana."
  • "I live in a sunny paradise and I know not one person that could ever use a pair of gloves, especially these gloves."
The Juice Generation Book- Assuming that I can find half of these products, without going to the Farmer's Market, I think this is a great idea. The practicality of this book and me actually taking the time to make these spinach infused peach drinks, well that's a whole other adventure.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I don't have a juicer OR a blender...and you expect me to buy that?"
  • "I am anti-veggies and fruits. I can't even consider this lifestyle."
Malin+Goetz Detox Face Mask- This is the star of the box, and star of the month. A detox face  mask that doesn't destroy your face and peel off that precious layer of skin, is unheard of...until now. This mask bubbles upon application, detoxes ones pores and leaves your skin feeling hydrated.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I'm incredibly allergic to the soy in this product. I'll die another day, thank you."
  • "This face mask makes me feel like their are 100 little ants crawling all over my face."
Pipsnacks White Truffle Popcorn- Incredible, mini, truffle-oil infused popcorn. This is about as luxurious and pretentious as popcorn can get. I hope this company makes it to the stores, because it is amazing.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "We were sent popcorn last month and now...we get it again. I get angry about things like this."
  • "I thought this was a white-chocolate kind of truffle, but to my horror, it was mushroom truffle."
Revlon by marchesa box O’ Files- Nail files has never been my thing, but these are wonderful. I think they are small enough to quickly shape the nail and not take off too much. They fit in even the tiniest of all clutches. Great find.

Reasons to Bitch  
  • "This is not a lux item and I'm heavily insulted that it was included in my box."
  • "Drug store item alert! Let the freak-outs commence!"  
Overall, January was a great month, but don't let my positive outlook deter you from bitching.

Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment