Thursday, January 16, 2014

Birchbox: January 2014

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim

Birchy-box, welcome home! Did your New Year's Resolution consist of sending out quality boxes? Onto the review:

For each product you will see my own opinion and underneath that you will see "Reasons to Bitch." Reasons to Bitch is all inspired from what others are bitching about on message boards.

Fekkai: Brilliant Glossing Crème- Never have I ever used a better crème than Fekkai. The scent, texture and finish is better than that of any salon I have ever gone to. Fekkai is phenomenal.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "This product has been on the market for several years now? Why are you just now discovering it?"
  • "Um, yes. Target sells this and you expect me to believe that it's high-end?"
Inika: Mineral Eye Shadow in Eternal Marine- Mineral shadows take a bit of skill to master and usually has a lot of fallout. This product last for hours and stays in place far better than my experience with other mineral products. With the dazzling color and sheen, Inika in Eternal Marine will take the perfect nighttime look to the celebrity level.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "Mineral shadows are too messy for me and I'm not very skilled in makeup application."
  • "I don't love the color I received and I'll never venture away from my outdated look to wear this."

Juicy Couture: Couture La La- This scent smells very similar to something that I wore when I was younger and it doesn't really work with me now. The scent is light, sweet and...innocent? Overall, it's nice, but I feel like it was meant for a younger crowd.
 
Reasons to Bitch
  • "I hate receiving perfume samples and all you ever send me is Juicy."
  • "Just because it's over-priced, doesn't make it Couture."

Nail Rock: Velvet- This is by far the coolest product that I have received from Birchbox. Dark velvety nails is such a sexy idea. I wasn't impressed with staying power, but that's not really the selling point of this product.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "I stupidly put a top coat over the velvet and now...it's just not fuzzy anymore."
  • "Messy, messy, messy! I simple can't handle the mess!"
Burt's Bees: Intense Hydration Day Lotion- I am in love, in love with a lotion. The scent smells like summer and that's incredible. The texture, consistency and overall feel of the product was impressive. My hands actually felt hydrated after using the lotion. Well played, Burt.

Reasons to Bitch
  • "How dare you include this 'mass market product' in my box?"
  • "Burt's Bees? Are you serious? Only 'People of Wal-Mart' use Burt's Bees."
Overall, Birchbox killed any and all competitor this month and I hope that's just the beginning.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment