Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blush Mystery Beauty Box: August 2013 Review

Sweet photo skills of Jzim

This is my first Blush Mystery Beauty Box and I can't rave enough about it. If my incredibly talented photo-skills, using my iPhone 4 (not 4s) hasn't won you over, then let my epic descriptive talent do the work.

For 24.95 you are sent a plethora of high-end beauty products, promised to be valued at over $100. My box was shipped the same day I purchased and I received it in 3 days. So, we know that bitching about shipping...won't be Blush Mystery Beauty Box's issue. Since I am new to this box, I won't break down my post into "Reasons to Bitch." I'll need to do a little more investigating before I start cracking the whip.

The line-up is as follows:

Philip B. Maui Wowie Beach Mist: Unbelievable. The scent was created by angels, for one and the product itself is something Aphrodite would use. The mist creates a non-sticky texture and truly volumizes the hair. This mist is phenomenal on dry or wet hair. My preferred look was on dry hair, but I look just as sexy with it spritzed on my wet hair. This product gives me all of the benefits of the classic "beach hair," without having to actually go outside. "Omg, did you get back from the beach? No, absolutely not...I came from the shower."

Mor Emporium Hand Cream: Snow Gardenia- First off, the packaging was gorgeous: Black, gold and ritzy. The scent was girly and fresh and the texture was smooth. This lotion far exceeded my "eh, feeling," specially reserved for moisturizing products.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat- This product is such a brilliant idea. We all have our favorite mascara and sometimes may wish it was waterproof. Anastasia Beverly Hills solved all of our troubles. I don't always want to rip my lashes off of my lids because my mascara for running errands was waterproof, but now...I have that option.

Skylark Memoir Fragrance Collection- Not every bag contained this item, luckily mine did. Each set contains 3 roller balls of 1 soon to be new full-sized fragrance. Rollerball perfume is such a luxurious experience and one I cannot live without.

Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant- Organics! I don't really follow the "Organic" trend, but I do appreciate the concept of "Back to Nature." This product has a great scent and leaves the skin feeling clean. I don't know if it will clean the pores like it's supposed to, but a girl can dream.

Coola SPF 30 Face Classic-Sunscreen: Cucumber- It's sunscreen and it has been scent by virtually every sub-box out there. No complaints from me...other than it doesn't work, if you don't wear it. Stupid people probably needed me to explain this. I know...I was outraged when I discovered this and got sunburnt, too.

Colorescience Sunforgettable Face Primer SPF 30- Primers are a great and often overlooked beauty step. I have yet to try this pricy primer, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen; No.5 Deep Plum: Smooth, creamy, pigmented and long-lasting. This is what an eyeliner is supposed to be and Pixie hit the mark on this one. I am in love. A self-obsessed UD lover, well...luckily there is enough room in my heart to include this liner. Such a complimentary color.

The verdict: Impressive. Everyone likes to compare sub boxes (which makes zero sense), but Blush Mystery Beauty Box...well I think it stole my heart.

September, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment