Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Glossybox: August 2013 Review

Sweet Photo Skills of Jzim


Hello, Glossybox! After stalking my mail carrier for days on end, he finally delivered my box. It was so nice of him not to pound on my door like a serial killer tracking down his next victim. Scares me, but that's besides the point.

For $21 dollars, I was sent a box worth over $85. If you're a numbers type of gal, then I'm sure you are pleased. If you could care less about the price-points and more about the products, then please read on.

Theme: Bohemian Summer

Anatomicals- Spray Misty for Me Facial Spritz: I have never been one for Facial Sprays and I'm still not today. I don't really see the benefit to them, unless you are at the beach and you want a quick way to cool down. Then, maybe I would be interested. The scent is a lavender, peppermint mix which is supposed to have a calming, invigorating aspect to it. I spritzed it on and then swiped a cotton ball over it. Dramatic results...no. Incredible feel...no. Allergic reaction...surprisingly not!    

Novex- Brazillian Keratin Hair Care Treatment Cream: Deep conditioner for the hair, but absolutely no instructions on what to do with it. I had to do some quick research on what I was supposed to do, exactly. Do I leave it in, wash it out or eat it? The overly crowded, shiny label called it "Hair Food..." not everyone is as smart as I am, so perhaps eating it was an option.

How to use:
  1. Daily conditioner
  2. Deep conditioning tx: Leave in for 30 min, wrapped in a shower cap, rinse
  3. Deep conditioning tx: Leave in for 15 min, add heat ie: blowdryer, rinse
I used method #2...kind of. After staying in the shower for as long as I could stand (an additional 10 minutes, mind you) I rinsed my hair and styled it. My results, shiny hair. Nothing more, nothing less. This products received rave reviews from women of color with super curly or hard to manage hair. I wasn't astounded by the product, but perhaps I'm not the target audience. Overall, Novex Brazilian Keratin Hair Tx smelled absolutely wonderful, did nothing spectacular for me and had me naked in the shower for an additional 10 min.

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush- Cranberry: How I love a good lip product. The name is asinine and I would never refer to it as "Jelly Pong Pong." I just cannot see myself busting that one out with a straight face. Besides the lame name, this Lip "Blush," is pretty fantastic. Smooth, almost matte texture of a rather pink lip product has me pleasantly surprised. I would never have picked this color out for myself, but again Glossybox knows best. Apply (not liberally, like suggested) and tightly press your lips together to achieve maximum sexiness.

ModelCo Eyeshadow Duo- Bronzed Goddess: I was surprised to receive an eye shadow, instead of the featured nail color. Maybe, I'm just a lucky girl. ModelCo has far exceeded my expectations for an eye shadow. The colors are universally flattering, pleasantly pigmented and have the perfect amount of glitter in them. Some shadows have more glitter than a unicorn, but ModelCo has found the perfect amount. I am thrilled with this product and will not actually break it open and add it to my Z-palette.

Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Pressed Poweder- Quiet and Still: I understand that I'm "Snow White pale," but that doesn't make me "quiet and still." Oh, bitch if I must...Apparently, Sue Devitt went out of business months prior and the remaining products are available for sale. So, grand scheme...fall in love with a product that will not be available for purchase later. So, of course I like this powder...joke's on me!

Added Bonus: Guess Jean makeup pouch...I don't care for promotionally branded items, but the gesture is sweet.

Overall, I love Glossybox and trust their opinions on what's hot in the realm of beauty. All full-size products, I can't complain. As for my "Bohemian Summer," well I'm waiting for my Winter Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment